Tuesday, April 14, 2015

NEXT YEAR IN JERUSALEM

Celebrations of the resurrection of Christ and reminders of the Passover are now ended. As we concluded our symbolic Seder, we ended with the traditional Passover greeting, "Next year in Jerusalem." This was especially meaningful because Debbie and I returned home from a tour of Israel just two weeks before Easter.

If you have never been to the Holy Land, I encourage you to save your money and join a trip with some other believers. Debbie never wanted to go to Israel because she did not want her image of the Holy Land to be tainted by reality. Now she tells everyone who will listen that they need to go to Israel.

It is inspiring to get a better view of the places where Abraham, Joshua, David and Jesus walked. Some sites are covered with numerous church buildings, nevertheless, you can see the real places where the Bible came to life.

We are going through the Gospel of Mark on Sunday mornings. This is a series that I began before we left for Israel. I am thankful that God guided me to start this study at this time and for the special way He and our sons (and daughter-in-law) made it possible for us to go this incredible trip. We visited Capernaum and travelled around the Sea of Galilee where much of Jesus' ministry took place. I saw how close the home of Simon's Mother-in-law was to the synagogue where Jesus cast out the demon. Nearby is where Jesus fed and spoke to the Five Thousand plus people in a natural amphitheater. Suddenly, I could see how Jesus could have spoken to so many.

I pray that my ministry will be inspired by this visit to Israel and I hope that we can travel again to Jerusalem. Next year in Jerusalem.

No comments:

Post a Comment