Monday, October 18, 2010

DANIEL FAST DAY EIGHT

We have begun our second week of the fast.  How are you doing?  I am amazed at how many meetings I have around food.  It is no wonder it is so easy for me to gain weight.  God has given me the strength to stay committed even with that big piece of cheese cake sitting in front of me.  I will have to add that Debbie has really helped me to be successful.  It has also helped to have someone to pray with me as well.

Do you have anyone praying with you on the fast?  Even though Daniel prayed alone, he also had friends who shared his faith, at his side.  In fact, Haggai, Zechariah and Malachi were some pretty good guys to hang around with, especially during a fast.  Some of you are doing this fast alone.  Find someone else who is on it and take some time to pray with them.   We also have some great times of prayer built into the week on Thursday morning at 6:30am and Sunday at 8:00am.  You can also pray in your Life Group or find a prayer partner.  Let's encourage one another.

ENCOURAGEMENT FROM GOD'S WORD
(Hebrews 10:22-24)  "let us draw near to God with a sincere heart in full assurance of faith, having our hearts sprinkled to cleanse us from a guilty conscience and having our bodies washed with pure water. {23} Let us hold unswervingly to the hope we profess, for he who promised is faithful. {24} And let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds."

Keep humbling yourself and seeking God.
Pastor Bill

No comments:

Post a Comment