Tuesday, October 26, 2010

DANIEL FAST DAY SIXTEEN

I have been rereading Daniel 12 and it struck me that Daniel fasted because he earnestly wanted to know what God was saying to him.  God had given him a moving vision of the end of time.  It was so troubling that he mourned in prayer and fasted for three weeks.  While he was praying, Gabriel was dispatched from Heaven to give him an explanation of his vision.  However, Gabriel was delayed by a supernatural battle in the heavenlies with the Prince of Persia.

Have you been praying for God to speak to you during this fast?  Have you made sure to build the time into your day to listen to the Lord as well as time to confess?  Perhaps,  like Daniel, we will not receive a clear response from God until the end of the fast.  If so, Sunday's worship should be very special.  Therefore, we are going to arrange the worship celebration to give time for people to share what God said to them.  I am looking forward to hearing what God has been saying to you.

ENCOURAGEMENT FROM GOD'S WORD
(2 Chronicles 7:14)  "if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."

God bless you as you keep listening to the Lord.
Pastor Bill

No comments:

Post a Comment