Wednesday, October 27, 2010

DANIEL FAST DAY SEVENTEEN

I have been reading an interesting book called "Churches That Make A Difference."  The subtitle is "Reaching Your Community with Good News and Good Works."  The book is full of wonderful examples of community outreach by churches of all sizes, styles and ethnicity.  The main premise of the book is that every church must be involved in holistic ministry that communicates the love of God in word and deed. 

On Sunday, we walked outside to remember that God has called us to "GO" into all the world.  God invites us to draw closer to Him by loving the people around us.  We are also invited to do this in tangible ways. In the parable about the goats and the sheep, Jesus says that we serve Him by serving the needy.

On our fast, we have been trying to connect with the Lord through prayer.  It is quite possible that the Lord has sent you to minister to someone.  Did you know that you were actually getting closer to the Lord in the process of serving?  I wonder if this is what we are supposed to be doing during this fast?

ENCOURAGEMENT FROM GOD'S WORD
(Matthew 25:35-36)  "For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in, {36} I needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me.'"

God bless you as you seek the Lord.
Pastor Bill

No comments:

Post a Comment