Thursday, October 14, 2010

Daniel Fast Day Four

How has your prayer time been with the Lord.  We just had a wonderful time this morning at the Thursday Prayer time.  If you are available, you would be welcome to join us at 6:30am.  The next time is Sunday at 8:00am to 8:45am.

GOD'S WORD FOR TODAY
(Daniel 10:2-3)  "At that time I, Daniel, mourned for three weeks. {3} I ate no choice food; no meat or wine touched my lips; and I used no lotions at all until the three weeks were over."

Yesterday I reminded you that our Daniel Fast is about connecting with God through PRAYER.  Look at the attitude Daniel had as he prayed.  This is a time of self sacrificing so that we can get even closer to the Lord.  Daniel actually was mourning.  Perhaps we should mourn for our sins and the sins of our nation.  I imagine that God mourns over the sins we all get caught up in.  His heart must break as He watches His children suffer because of choices we make.

Don't try to be too comfortable in your fast.  You may miss some of the sweetness of what God wants to give to you.  I pray that God will continue to help us humble ourselves and seek Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment